As a National Account Sales Manager for Octane Fitness, I spend a great deal of time in workout clothes.Â When I purchase workout apparel I look for high quality clothes that are comfortable, travel well and look good. I do not want to have to take special care of my workout clothes â€“ they go from the washer to the dryer and then to either my suitcase or the gym bag. As a result, over time I have found some tried-and-true favorites that I could not live without.
- Shoes:Â I never leave home without my Saucony shoes. I have tried several different kinds of workout shoes and always end up back at Saucony. I prefer the womenâ€™s Guide 6 shoe because I have a narrow foot and high arch and the Guide 6 offers great stability as a both a running shoe and cross training shoe. Plus they have fun colors!
- Pants:Â My favorite pants are my Nike Dri-fit Woven pant. They are a mid-weight pant (perfect for fall and spring training) that wick sweat away from your body. These pants look professional, are comfortable and travel well.Â That is a huge bonus since often times I have to travel in my workout clothes and go straight from the airport to the gym to conduct product training.
- Shorts:Â It took me a long time to find a pair of shorts that I really liked. I found most shorts were the wrong length; they were either really short (not something I would wear in public) or, if they were longer shorts, I would need to fiddle with when working out. Then I discovered the Athleta Home Run Short. The shorts are just the right length, move well with your body and are incredibly comfortable. On top of which, they are great Athleta quality too. I purchased my first top from them several years ago and it is still in great condition.
- Sports Bras:Â I have purchased dozens of tops and sports bras looking for the perfect item; one that is comfortable, doesnâ€™t bind or chaff and looks good.Â While shopping on the Prana website I discovered their sports bras and workout tank tops. I fell in love with their Sofia Bra Top instantly. It is the most comfortable sports bra I have ever worn and their Om Tank is a perfect partner.
- Tank Tops:Â Pranaâ€™s Om Tank is a little looser fitting top that moves with your body, wicks sweat and is very comfortable. The available designs are a bit different than most workout tops, so theyâ€™re a great way to add some variety to your attire. I personally donâ€™t believe you can go wrong with any Prana top. I also love the Lululemon Cool Racerback tank top. It offers light support with a breathable fabric.Â I often use this top on hot days for an outside workout. Plus it comes in fun colors!
I do the majority of my shopping online, so I make sure to sign up for the companyâ€™s email offers. You find out in advance when there are great sales and they often times offer special discounts. I also like to buy at the end of season to catch items on sale; I would rather get a good deal then make sure I am wearing this seasons workout fashions. The thing to remember above all else is comfort. If you arenâ€™t comfortable you wonâ€™t enjoy your workout and thatâ€™s the reason buying attire in the first place.