Spring is finally in the air, and we are so ready! Warming temps and some extra daylight hours can boost your energy and invite you outside for some fresh air workouts. With spring symbolizing new beginnings – and the anticipation of summer to come – why not snag some new gear to boost your motivation to stay active and reward yourself in advance for your commitment?
With some guidance from PopSugar, Gear Patrol and a few others, we scoped out the latest fitness items and picked some of our favorites. Check out this list of must-have gear and gadgets for spring.
- CrossRope Get Lean Jump Rope Set ($79) – Designed to challenge you to boost weight loss, this set of two ropes comes with comfy handles and a ¼-pound and ½-pound Infinity ropes. Use the ropes for warm-ups, intervals or a steady-state session accompanied by some jamming tunes.
- Under Armour HOVR Phantom Shoes ($140) – Light and cushiony, these new shoes manage to make running almost comfortable. The design boasts a “zero-gravity effect” which minimizes jarring impact while maximizing energy return. Plus, its Record Sensor™ technology tracks, analyzes and stores running metrics.
- Garmin Forerunner 645 Music watch ($450) – Featuring mobile pay and storage for up to 500 songs, this smartwatch also has all of Garmin’s accurate GPS and tracking features, including heart rate, advanced running dynamics and overall training performance.
- Outdoor Voices Tech Sweat leggings ($85) – Light, cool and sweat-wicking, these leggings keep you dry during tough HIIT sessions or challenging boot camps. Plus, they come in fun spring colors like beach, honeysuckle and storm. They look so good that you can wear them for errands as well after workouts.
- Protein Decadance MacroBar ($35 for 12 bars) –The new Dark Chocolate + Almond flavor had us convinced that we were nibbling a decadent brownie. With 10 grams of protein, and free of dairy, soy and gluten, these bars are tasty pre- or post-workout snacks and simple to throw in your gym bag.
- Under Armour Sport Wireless Flex headphones ($130) – Durable and lightweight, these have a neckband for stability, deliver great sound and hold up to intense workouts – like running hills and tackling obstacle courses – without falling out of the ears.
- Smartwool PhD Run Light Elite Low Cut Running Socks ($18) – Who doesn’t need to replace a pair of old socks? These premium pairs come in men’s and women’s styles and feature a merino wool blend that is ultra-comfortable, moisture-wicking and durable. Targeted cushioning and ventilation zones are bonuses.
- Hyperice’s Hypervolt ($349) – Move over, foam roller. This battery-operated self-massager is lightweight and super cool for self-myofascial release. It boosts circulation, can increase range of motion and helps relieve tightness, soreness and stiffness in muscles. Choose from three speed settings and four interchangeable head attachments, and bring on soothing relief.
- Flip Belt Zipper ($35) – Wide construction keeps this belt on your hips, and now it has a larger, zippered pocket to fit the iPhone 6 or iPhone8, along with your keys, cash and credit card. Moisture-wicking, and bearing a reflective safety logo, the belt comes in fun colors and is machine-washable.
- Smart Sweets Gummy Bears ($40 for 12 bags) – Might seem silly to have a treat on this list, but, come on, who doesn’t crave a little sugar now and then? And this addictive candy only has three grams of sugar per bag (!), 100 percent of daily fiber needs and even some protein, with no artificial flavors or colors. Order online from the Canadian company, or look for these in Whole Foods in the U.S.