Technology has proliferated into virtually every aspect of our lives, including exercise. With apps and wearables, we are armed with more information than ever about our workouts and fitness progress, helping us be mindful to move more and strive for better habits.
Plus, new technological capabilities are making workout planning easy, so you don’t have to spend time researching or finding new workouts online or in magazines, and no longer have to figure out what workout to do each day. It’s like having your own personal trainer guide you.
Training Smarter with SmartLink™
Good news for Octane elliptical users! The free SmartLink app, downloadable to your iPhone®, iPad® or select Android devices, is used in conjunction with Octane’s Q37xi and Q47xi home elliptical machines and Zero Runner models to connect to and control the equipment for the most effective workouts.
What’s great about SmartLink is that it is simple to use and creates workout regimens based on goals – including lose weight, feel better, get stronger and improve athletic performance – for 30, 60 or 90 days. Taking into account your preferences, such as how often you can exercise and duration of workouts, SmartLink designs customized workouts to help you see results.
Zero Runner users can opt for 5K, 10K, ½ marathon, marathon and “just run,” which include outdoor runs and indoors sessions on the Zero Runner. SmartLink also includes stride tracing technology to monitor the health of your stride. And if you use a Garmin® Connect IQ watch, you can merge outdoor runs with indoor workouts on the Zero Runner. Powered by Connect IQ, SmartLink tracks pace, cadence, distance, calories, and more, and keeps all your data together from outdoor and indoor runs.
Working with top fitness professionals, coaches and physical therapists, SmartLink delivers specific workouts focused on maximum results and performance. Programs begin with easier, shorter sessions and increase challenges as you progress. If necessary, SmartLink intelligence even recalibrates mid-plan to ensure that you are on track.
The app shows high intensity days and low intensity days, and can populate your calendar with workout sessions. If you miss a workout, prefer to do a routine early or want to add a day, SmartLink easily adjusts.
During workouts, you can use your device to watch TV or movies, read, surf the Net or send email – all while SmartLink keeps programs going and records data. Plus, workout history is tracked and results are recorded to the cloud so that you can easily monitor progress and share successes on social networks.
Other benefits of SmartLink include:
- Workout Boosters, such as X-Mode, GluteKicker and ArmBlaster, are illustrated via video, which helps keep you engaged and focused on proper form for each interval.
- CROSS CiRCUIT® — With SmartLink, CROSS CiRCUIT, Octane’s combined cardio and strength and flexibility interval program, comes to life, with more than 225 exercises and 35 workout routines for optimal conditioning. No two exercise sessions are ever the same, enabling you to add variety and create muscle confusion for better results.
- Personal Profile — Personal profile settings in the app let you program in your individual data, favorite workouts and preferred feedback display for convenience.
- Octane Extras provide Be Fit tips and instructional videos on how to perform various Octane workouts, such as MMA and 30:30.
- My Octane is loaded with information about the elliptical, including user manuals, assembly instructions, cleaning and maintenance tips and more.
- Free updates – App updates continually deliver even more workout plans and exercises – with nothing new to purchase – via a simple download.
SmartLink does the thinking, and you do the sweating.